Picasa Online from Google


For a while I have been looking for a free web service/download that will allow me to have some decent photo editing skills until I can spring for Photoshop Elements (Photoshop is too expensive :)) I got spoiled after working for a photographer and having photographer friends so now I don't want to print crappy pictures and I also know just enough about making an ok shot into something interesting.


Most of the online/free photo editing services stink, to say it nicely, and so I was pretty discouraged. I needed something that I could crop, change contrast, fill light, remove color casts and convert to b&w or sepia quickly and effectively. Picasa did all of that and more -- allowing me to easily create custom photo collages and slide shows. Best of all I can sync all of my albums to the web so that any updates I make on my computer automatically update the pics in my web albums. Uploading to the web is a snap and it is extremely easy to star favorites. Any photos I download from my SD card copy into picasa as well as keeping the original in My pictures.





If I want to quick order prints all I do is upload them to the web album, click order prints and since I use snapfish I just have to log in and my order is complete for simple 4x6-8x10 prints.


I still have to figure a couple of things out. First, where the copies of my edited picasa pics save on the computer since so far they only save to the web and I can't upload to facebook from there. Second, if I want custom prints I need to figure out how I do that through picasa to Snapfish since I want the edited version of the picture.



All in all this is a great money saving and time saving tool for me. As a new mom, I take tons of pictures and I want people to see the best side of my adorable baby girl while creating wonderful memories. It takes just minutes for me to edit my pics, upload them and order.


Also, when I do get photoshop elements it works with Picasa so my work won't be in vain. How awesome is that!!


I highly recommend Picasa from Google.

0 comments:

Post a Comment